As a feminist activist and a graduate student at Columbia University in 2006, she curated and produced one of the very first culturally aligned broadcasting edutainment module to empower immigrant women and families from South Asia.
She produced and hosted it nationally through South Asian radio channels in a bilingual format. The talk shows incorporated research-based information compatible to the common man genre as well as addressed cultural transitions into a new country. She was determined to help and serve the voiceless women who were under-served by many social agencies due to gaps in relevant skill set, communication, and collaboration. Her field visits with the women of color paid off and helped her identify the acculturation process and family depression as major roadblocks. More often then not, these factors prevented immigrants to be productive members of the American society. In 2005, her radio shows, podcasts, and virtual, multicultural resource models weaved specific South Asian themes for women empowerment supporting social agencies serving immigrants in their relevant districts. The specific media initiative brought cost effective interventions reducing mental health issues, and it aided as a bridge for social institutions looking for answers to support immigrant parents. She has delivered close to 400 shows influencing more than 50,000 listeners along the East Coast and Texas for 8 years. She designed cross-cultural parental communication, created awareness on multicultural women’s issues and advocated campaigns against domestic violence. Through this process, she collaborated with local law enforcement support initiatives bringing cultural understanding to promote effective delivery of services and community programs.
Featured Women and Family Empowerment Shows
- Back 2 School Anxiety and some Behavior pitfalls to avoid… How do we build healthy relationships and communication!!!!
- How much Culture,Religion and Parental Pressure Shape the Destiny of Girls! Part 2
- Autism workshop in Dallas by Michelle Garcia nationally renouned speaker
- Global Violence – Does Abuse Carry the Same Idea in Different Cultures
- Would You Care to SAVE a LIFE!!!!
- Conflict and Peace Building Identity of the South Asian Youth!
- The Brutal Silence Of Power and a Mother’s Plea!
- DotCom Mantra! Himalayan Experience
- What you do is really who you are? Recession Prone or Recession proof?
- Technology Admiration or Addiction!!