As a feminist activist and a graduate student at Columbia University in 2006, she curated and produced one of the very first culturally aligned broadcasting edutainment module to empower immigrant women and families from South Asia.
She produced and hosted South Asian radio empowerment programs nationally in a bilingual format. She has delivered close to 400 shows influencing more than 50,000 listeners along the East Coast and Texas for 8 years. She designed cross-cultural parental communication, created awareness on multicultural women’s issues and advocated campaigns against domestic violence. The talk shows incorporated research-based information on how to address cultural transitions into a new country. She was determined to help and serve the voiceless women who were under-served by many social agencies due to gaps in relevant skill set, communication, and collaboration. Her field visits with the women of color helped her identify the acculturation process, family depression and communication as major roadblocks which prevented immigrants to be productive members of the American society. In 2005, her radio shows, podcasts, and virtual, multicultural resource models weaved specific South Asian themes for women empowerment supporting social agencies serving immigrants in their relevant districts. The specific media initiative brought cost effective interventions reducing mental health issues, and it aided as a bridge for social institutions looking for answers to support immigrant parents. Through this process, she collaborated with local law enforcement support initiatives bringing cultural understanding to promote effective delivery of services and community programs.
Featured Women and Family Empowerment Shows
- Do We Overlook When We Cook!!!!!!!!
- Why is it important to Have SENSE OF HUMOR to avoid depression and live a healthy and less stressful life!!!!
- Power of Choices and Factors in Decision Making with Dilshad and Krish!!
- Do you Cage your Age!!! OR Allow Others to DO it !!
- Beauty inside Out…Experience the Physical Strength and the inner Vitality….by doing the things just.. little differently!!
- Fast Lane From Ambition 2 Reality!!!
- Media Impact and how Consumer needs to stop Blaming technology..Resources for parents and individuals from technology websites/practices to best and free places to enjoy during Summer!!!!