As a feminist activist and a graduate student at Columbia University in 2006, she curated and produced one of the very first culturally aligned broadcasting edutainment module to empower immigrant women and families from South Asia.
She produced and hosted South Asian radio empowerment programs nationally in a bilingual format. She has delivered close to 400 shows influencing more than 50,000 listeners along the East Coast and Texas for 8 years. She designed cross-cultural parental communication, created awareness on multicultural women’s issues and advocated campaigns against domestic violence. The talk shows incorporated research-based information on how to address cultural transitions into a new country. She was determined to help and serve the voiceless women who were under-served by many social agencies due to gaps in relevant skill set, communication, and collaboration. Her field visits with the women of color helped her identify the acculturation process, family depression and communication as major roadblocks which prevented immigrants to be productive members of the American society. In 2005, her radio shows, podcasts, and virtual, multicultural resource models weaved specific South Asian themes for women empowerment supporting social agencies serving immigrants in their relevant districts. The specific media initiative brought cost effective interventions reducing mental health issues, and it aided as a bridge for social institutions looking for answers to support immigrant parents. Through this process, she collaborated with local law enforcement support initiatives bringing cultural understanding to promote effective delivery of services and community programs.
Featured Women and Family Empowerment Shows
- 5 Pillars of Personal and Professional significance…..How can we cash in our moments of life!!!!
- Human capital through Everyday Experiences….What behaviors we should Avoid to build the empire of our own worth!!
- Human Capital…the untap energy and power of human potential!!!!
- Goal achieving and Motivation in Perspective !!!
- Social Makeover in a Changing Economy..Tools that will move YOU Ahead!!! –
- Process of Goal Setting and sustaining the Process…Lets walk the talk !!!
- Why do we NEED Goals in LIFE…is there an EZ way to follow through our Goals!!!